Friday, September 11, 2015

Review: Fairy, Texas by Margo Bond Collins

Image & description from goodreads.com

Laney Harris didn't want to live there. When her mother remarried and moved them to a town where a date meant hanging out at the Sonic, Laney figured that "boring" would have a whole new meaning. A new stepsister who despised her and a high school where she was the only topic of gossip were bad enough. But when she met the school counselor (and his terminal bad breath), she grew suspicious. Especially since he had wings that only she could see. And then there were Josh and Mason, two gorgeous glimmering-eyed classmates whose interest in her might not be for the reasons she hoped. Not to mention that dead guy she nearly tripped over in gym class. 

She was right. Boring took on an entirely new dimension in Fairy, Texas.


My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book.  I liked Laney, Josh & Mason; Kimberly, Natalie & Ally... not so much.  I still have some questions that I'd like answered in the next book.  I'd like to know more about Laney's parentage & if her mom knows more than she's letting on.  It would seem that she would if she grew up in Fairy Texas her whole life.  The story was well paced & I never found myself rushing through sections to get to the next part.  I hope eventually Laney & Kimberly can find some common ground.  I'm from TX so that parts about football were right on point.  I laughed at how accurate they were.  I can't wait to read the next book in the series and find out if Josh can return to what he once was & to know more about Laney's new situation.  

Recommended for readers 15 & up.  Mild to moderate language & sexual content.  

I bought this book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva