Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Review: (Un)wise by Melissa Haag


Image & description from goodreads.com
The dreams start, and Bethi’s very normal life goes down the toilet. She soon realizes the dreams are actually memories from past lives…and not just hers. She sees the lives of other women like her. 

The recalled memories follow the same terrifying pattern: Dog-men chase her, and she sees her eventual tormented death. Learning from the past, Bethi sets out to find a way to live this time around. The dreams hint at an answer. 

She needs to be strong enough to find it or die…again.


My Thoughts:
OMG!  I can't imagine the torture Bethi has to go through.  Reliving not only her death over & over but the death of others.  She is one strong girl.  She seems to know the most about the six and the reasons they exist.  We learn so much in this book.  It's not a stand alone book.  You need to have read the others to understand what's going on.  However, it's exactly what the series needs to explain things & to move the story along.  I understood Luke's hesitance in claiming her, but I think it drug out just a bit too long.  Also, Bethi's stubbornness began to get on my nerves a bit.  She lived with so much terror yet when all these people prove time & time again to be trustworthy & helpful, she still makes her situation difficult. This was my least favorite book in the series but still a good book.  I look forward to reading the rest.

Recommended for 15 & up.  Contains bad language & sexual content.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva